Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hattie had a doctor's appt. in Birmingham yesterday. We saw the ENT first and she has terribly waxy ears. They tried to get some out and then it got to be too much. They did perform a hearing test and she has normal hearing in 1 ear and 1 ear is below what's normal. But the one ear they cleaned out a little shows fluid behind it so she gets tubes on April 14th. As anxious as I am about her being put to sleep, I'll be glad to know that she can hear better. Then her speech will improve. We already know she is hearing some better, just from the little they did yesterday! Then, we went to the International Adoption specialists. Of course, Hattie is doing great...as we knew she would! And they had to draw blood for all kinds of tests. They had to stick her twice :~(....her mama wasn't going to let that goob stick her a again! Meany...
So, just remember Hattie Lou on the 14th.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Right there with ya sister. Halle is having tubes put in this Friday and I am so ready. I hope that we will have our bubbly little girl back after the surgery. I will be praying for Hattie.

Dana said...

Sorry to hear about the tubes, but they will make the biggest difference! Hattie is looks great in the pics, but even better in the little sneak peek I got of her Sunday! Maybe one day next week when the weather gets better we can get together and stroll or just go to the park or something. I'll keep Hattie in my prayers. Who is her ENT? Also, don't forget we want to bring you some supper soon, so put in your order, ok? Glad Jamey is home safe. I know he had a blast!

Traci said...

We'll say a prayer for Halle on Friday. Her ENT is Dr. Hill. This is who Teila uses. She has had wonderful things to say about him. YOu give me a day to walk and we'll meet or something. As far as dinner---y'all give me a day. We'll do any thing!