Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I finally feel a little normal, for me any way :~)

I don't get sick often, rarely. So when I do, I'm sick. Let me try to explain what I have felt like the last few days. I have NEVER and I mean never had a sore throat like this. I felt like a mother porcupine had started raising her young in my throat. Or someone gave me a few shot glasses with kuckle-burrs in them. It felt like when I swallowed that there was a big rock with spikes turning around slowly in my throat. You know how when you have to swallow a pill, and it might get a little stuck and you have to stretch your neck to get it to go down, that's what it's been like for me for days. Not fun.
So I go to the dr. yesterday. He comes in and asks how I am. So I start telling him, he listens. Then begins to check me out. Listens to my lungs, fine. Feels my throat, glands, etc. and it feels as though he's trying to push them out the back of my throat. Then here comes the light and the tongue depressor. I think now is when he is gonna see how bad I have felt. He looks in my throat and says, Eh, it's a little pink a little irritated. I little irritated!!! That's what you get when you scream too much at a football game!!! This sucker HURTS!! I thought at the very least when he looked at my throat he might call a code blue****code blue. I need a crash cart in here. But a little irritated. Maybe I would need a few days in the hospital, or just a spa treatment, but no, just irritated. Well, that just IRRITATED me. So I got 2 shots in the hiney and some antibiotics and as you can tell I feel much better. I think I may need only 1 nap today instead of the 3 I've been taking. Life goes on.

No comments: